Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Francois Lake

We're home! There was snow aplenty, along with baking, knitting, snowball fights, homemade jam, fresh bread and of course the love company of Richard's folks. Yes, I did go on vacation to The Ingalls house. Haha,wow I sound wholesome.
Before I go any further, I must tell you my most exciting holiday story. I saw moose! TWO in fact. They were huge and slowly munching away on the side of the road. Moose!! I'm not sure how exciting this is for the Canadians I've been telling, but I was so hoping to see some, especially after noticing tracks in the snow at my in-laws place. Sadly we were driving at the time of the sighting, so no photos, but really I'm just grateful to have seen them. You know how there are some animals (like bears, I've still not seen a bear since being here) that just seem a little pretend because you've only ever seen them on TV or in books?
Anyway, of course we took millions of photos, so I'll let them do the rest of the talking.


We were hearing suspicious noises. I was half hoping/half terrified that it was wolves. Turns out someone has cows nearby....
I hope you're all having a fantastic week, I'm off to sleep and await the news that I am an aunt (!!)

4 comments:

The Little Mama said...

Snowball fights?! For real?
I've never seen a bear before either, and am dying to... from inside the safety of my car, of course. ;)

I'm so glad your back, and glad you had such a lovely time!

Amber Csar said...

Looks beautiful!

I wish the snow didn't melt here, surely in 3 months I wont be singing the same song though.

Miss you! Let me know the news when you know the news!!

Anonymous said...

Once again beautiful photos !!! sounds like you had a perfect time together..., and yes you are now well and truly an aunt to the most handsome baby boy - Cash !! xxxx

Ella said...

these photographs are nothing short of amazing.