Wednesday, November 17, 2010

J'adore Montreal


Montreal completely stole our hearts. I was expecting to love it, and for it to be different from other Canadian cities I've been to, but I don't think I expected quite how much so! We were lucky enough to stay with Caroline (who you might remember from these photos) and her partner Jeff, who were the most amazing hosts. We're not super touristy tourists, so just wandering through neighbourhoods, stopping at local spots to eat, pretty parks and getting the chance to really spend time with our hosts over beers and poutine was pretty much perfect! I would go back to Montreal in a heartbeat, even though I'm pretty sure I have absolutely no idea how cold it truly gets there, and have been scheming ways to do so ever since we left!


Bagels from St. Viateur (to.die.for.) :: Le Cagibi, a really delicious vegetarian restaurant with great mix-matched furniture and huge helpings of chilli - so perfect for that rainy day :: chocolatin from Kouign Amann, which we discovered by chance after wondering around Mont Royal one day, the pastries were amazing and we managed to find our way back there a couple more times :: the light from Caroline's window dancing on the wall of her beautifully decorated apartment :: Carre St-Louis, a park that was once a reservoir and surrounded by incredible homes. The light was perfect that day. :: beers at Reservoir to escape the cold :: pretty beribboned buildings :: i can't remember the name of this building near the water in Old Montreal, but I loved the crest and the colours :: Old Montreal :: Drawn and Quartely, a book store I could have spent much money in :: pumpkins in Mile End :: tiles on Rue Saint-Denis :: pretty homes.

You can see a few more photos here, if you're not totally saturated in French Canadian goodness, and I also have a couple films to drop off that should make an appearance here soon!
blog comments powered by Disqus