Wednesday, May 22, 2013

South Island No.1 | Cook Strait


One thing I was really sure of when we were planning our South Island trip was that we should go by car. I quite like driving, I like being able to stop in at a places that look interesting and because of the New Zealand landscape a huge part of the enjoyment of travelling here is what you see from the road, going from place to place. Also, going by car means we take the ferry to get to the island, which is one of my favourite things to do. Unfortunately this time around both Richard and I were feeling a little fragile until we made it out of the straight, but that just meant sitting out on deck and taking in the beauty, layers of blue and salt spray. It was a pretty grey, slightly stormy day, which made for the most incredible moody colours. I love the sun but boy do I love a misty landscape.

blog comments powered by Disqus