Thursday, March 14, 2013

Feeling good.


Happy Friday, friends! It has been a good week around these parts even with the adjustments that come with starting a new job (no more broke lady of pretend leisure). This was in large part due to the overwhelming support we have received just in these first few days of our fundraising campaign. Thank you, thank you. I was in tears after the few donation came in, it's a bit overwhelming really. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, you can read a bit more about it on the campaign page or in my post, here.

Speaking of fundraisers, Shauna posted about Jonathan and Amber Perrodin on her Instragram recently. They're a duo from Arkansas making beautiful handcrafted goods and supplies under the name Perrodin Supply Co. out of an old strawberry warehouse that they had recently moved into. Sadly a few weeks in Jonathan had an accident with his miter saw and ended up losing his right index finger. I can only imagine how horrible and scary this must be for them on a personal level, but also for their business. Medical bills, orders to fill, family to feed. So stressful. So, they have set up the Four Finger Fundraiser where a bunch of artists have donated goods to sell and the full proceeds go to the Perrodin family to help them get through to the other side of this. I'm off to shop and donate now, I hope you will too!

In other happy making, proud kiwi news the New Zealand parliament has just voted to pass the Marriage Equality Bill in it's second reading. It blows my mind that this is still happening in New Zealand in 2013 and that we're still not quite there, but bring on round three - I can't wait to celebrate!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend. Richard and I are going to do a bit of a working bee clean up to get ready for his family arriving from Canada next week but I hope to get my quilt quilted if I can sneak that in, too.

Some Rhye for your Friday night

xx

blog comments powered by Disqus