Monday, April 13, 2009

Hot Cross Buns: Take Two

Determined to eat my own home-baked hot cross buns this year, I gave them a go again yesterday. Despite my flat and doughy mess of the day before. Even though I knew what my initial mistake was (attempting to cook them at 200 degrees.....farenheit) and that this was an easy enough fix, I was secretly scared that I was just crap at making hot cross buns. So I tried not to get too excited.

But look!

I used Pip's fantastic recipe, found over here. I loved following it, especially as part of the method was 'go back to bed for about an hour' or 'Knead together with springy, spirit fingers...' Haha, too good. It was easy to follow, worked like a charm, and now we have delicious treats to go with our tea. What more could a girl want?

7 comments:

Kristy said...

gorgeous flowers!!!

meetmeatmikes said...

Oh look what you did! Yay!!!!

Amber Csar said...

Yummm!

Jac said...

Hi, Just came across your blog this afternoon and wanted to say how lovely it is. I am most impressed that you made hot cross buns, they look very tasty!

nath said...

yummy....

becka said...

Thanks folks! I think I'll be making some more this weekend, I'm making hot cross buns an all year round treat!

lyn tupaea said...

Sooooooooooooooooo pretty and looking sooo yummy too !!!!! Very very impressed xx mum