Monday, August 10, 2009

Le Poulpe

The youngest of the two wee girls I look after turned three this past week, so Richard and I decided to make her a new friend for her 'big girl bed'. She is pretty much one of the funniest kids I know, tells me stories that last for hours (usually with her hands on her hips, her head cocked to the side and one eye half closed. It's serious stuff), prefers trucks to princesses and I think will forever call me 'my Pecka'. A thrift store scarf, some fabric scraps, felt and a few buttons later we had Olivier, the French octopus. I'm not really sure how he became French, but I just felt that the moustache looked much more dapper than lips. It was a real team effort, with Richard hand sewing that jaunty beret!

Next up, we drew the names for the stationary giveaway today! It was so lovely hearing from you about your stationary loves. I must agree with Miss Gourmet Traveller about teachers and stationary, the day I got to go shopping for my first classroom was a very exciting one, indeed! Anyway, the winners are...
I will send you all an email shortly to get the address for sending your goodies too. It's rather rainy out, so I'm off to curl up on the couch with my book and a cuppa.
Happy Monday!
xo

6 comments:

Conversation Pieces said...

He sounds fab! What a great gift. And the little girl sounds like such a cutie... I always forget how serious little kids are about things... so cute ;)

The Little Mama said...

He seems so perfect for sweet and silly Z. Good job, you two!

Unknown said...

I love cute silly and handmade with lots of love! He's adorable and upcycled.

Evie said...

Oooo Olivier is dapper indeed! Love him! Nice teamwork guys x

Anonymous said...

aww, this is so sweet! the little guy is adorable!

xoxo,
Micaela

Anonymous said...

So cute!! Olivier is such an awesome name and I love his mustache and cool tentacles! :)