Friday, May 7, 2010

Five Senses Friday

image via bonjour celine

It's Friday, it's sunny and it's my birthday weekend! I'm hoping to spend the weekend meeting up with friends, drinking a cocktail or two, eating cake and soaking up the sun. I have been totally smitten by this cake up here (made by Nikole of Herriott Grace) ever since I first saw it back in February. One day I hope to have a cake as fanciful and dreamy as that! Like Jeannette, I like to make my own birthday cake so it's exactly how I want it, although Richard did make me a rather delicious one last year. I've got my sights set on the Salty Sweet cake that she mentions, although vegan-ising it looks pretty much impossible, so we shall see! 

I hope you're all gearing up for lovely weekends! Here's my Five Senses Friday...

:Tasting:

Fresh, home made salsa on soft tacos for Cinco De Mayo.

:Hearing:

This song on repeat on my bus ride home from work.

:Seeing (and swooning over):

 The dreamiest of cats on Anabela's new tumblr

:Smelling:

Lilacs. Possibly the best part of Spring.

:Feeling:

The sun on my back. Sigh.
blog comments powered by Disqus