Friday, July 9, 2010

Diana on Diana

Hello, my name is Diana, curator of our.city.lights, and very grateful to give Rebekah any help needed, even if it's a blog post to let her relax- she's one of the hardest working women I know.

Unlike most women I know, one of my favorite things to buy are shiny new toys and this guest post is a perfect example of it. My love for toy cameras has expanded beyond analog- I have the chance to customize it with digital, the two different worlds coming together is elating for me, and very excited to test out my Diana lenses.



New Diana Lenses

There's an overexposed charm to them, very much like the original Diana camera. Since it's digital, there is no grain to it, but a very whimsical light leak.

15

With the original Diana camera, work must be done, and unfortunately, sometimes money is wasted on the film not developing properly. With a digital Diana lens (used on a Canon), I played with manual settings, and each shot was like Christmas- I had no idea how it would come out, despite my meter.

13

8

The fashion district in LA was the perfect setting- bright colors, natural lighting, and what has become one of my favorite photos

1

Thank you Rebekah, for allowing me to babysit your blog. xo
blog comments powered by Disqus