Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thank you for being a friend.

These ladies were a staple of my childhood. I totally remember watching them in that 5pm-ish slot (the same slot where Charles In Charge, Happy Days, The Facts of Life, etc lived) while waiting for tea (dinner) to be ready....or even more exciting on the days we got to have a 'picnic' of fish and chips in front of the tv. Ah, life was good.

I still really love the Golden Girls, and I think that it is only as I have gotten older that I have appreciated the amazing strong women characters that the show portrayed.

Here's a letter that Melissa wrote to the fab four, over on Shakesville. I think she pretty much sums it up.

Dorothy was by far my favourite. What about you?

3 comments:

The Little Mama said...

Oh man. These ladies never cease to bring a smile to my face. My vote goes to Sophie, the late, and lovely, Estelle Getty. Picture it. Sicily, 1914...

Anonymous said...

yes yes yes !!!!! I remember too (: xx mum

kate / tinywarbler said...

hilarious! dorothy was my fave too! i watched that show religiously. i can still sing the theme song.