Tuesday, March 17, 2009

This, that and the other.

It is way past my bedtime, but Richard is working late tonight and knowing that he'll be home in half an hour makes it all the harder to go to sleep.

So, instead I have been...
- listening to the latest Bitch Tape: Crush Edition, which features both The Zombies and Linda Ronstadt.
- preparing for a prenatal visit I have with a mama tomorrow, and getting excited all over again about how incredible our bodies are.
- watching Democracy Now! , which was excellent this evening. There was an interview with Rachel Corrie's parents who recently travelled back to Gaza, and also with the partner of another American who was shot by the IDF just today I think. If you're not familiar with Rachel Corrie, she was an American who went to Gaza in 2003 with the International Solidarity Movement to oppose the destruction of houses by the Israeli Defense Forces. She was killed by an IDF bulldozer.
- pondering on how pretty the afternoon light makes our apartment look.
- thinking that the singer from Wolf Parade has a funny voice.
- strangely feeling hungry at 12:45am.
- wondering why the Belle and Sebastian radio on last.fm is half good and half torturous, and why Cypress Hill is on it.
- and how Brandy got on the Sufjan Stevens radio for that matter.

Some of you may have noticed the little postcard over to the left there. I would really love to hear from you, if I don't yet know you and even if I do! I love to get (e)mail! Really, truly.

1 comments:

diandra said...

sweet! i have tonnes of postcards. email me your address! xo di.