Saturday, March 21, 2009

Walls notebook


Knowing my love of notebooks, my Dad sent me the link to this amazing one today. It is filled with 80 New York city walls for you to doodle on, or just look at. I think I probably need it.

Funny, Richard and I had been talking recently about the reclaiming of public space following a school assignment and an interview with Shepard Fairey on The Rachel Maddow show about his arrest in....Boston? I think. While I'm all for what artists and culture jammers like Fairey and Banksy do, maybe this is a safer start. As the notebook write up says, 'You'll be one step closer to being the graffiti artist you've always wanted to be . . . minus the jail time.' Haha. Love it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

neat!

Happy Spring, hope it starts to feel like it soon!