Saturday, January 2, 2010

A clean slate

We're 2 days into 2010 and so far, so good! I hope you all had lovely and celebratory times on the 31st and are all feeling ready tackle a brand new decade. We had a quiet night in (due to it being rainy, and me being on call, and the fact that we're homebodies), watched movies, knit and had a glass of baileys or two. I hate to say that we didn't even make it out onto the balcony to check for fireworks as the clock struck twelve, but did open the door to hear the crackers and car horns in amongst sirens and cars backfiring. Aside from the fact that I just like quiet, and that I'm finding it hard getting my head around a winters NYE instead of one spent at the beach, spending a night in talking about last year and all it brought, plus dreaming about 2010, all it will bring and all we're excited for just seemed so perfect. At the beginning of a fresh, new year with a clean slate is such an exhilarating place to be!

I've never been big on resolutions before, but planning and mapping out goals for our future, and actually spending time on it, felt so refreshing. None of the chocolate quitting or x amount of kilos losing nonsense, but enjoyable and doable goals. I plan to share them here over the next few days, packaged into big and exciting 2010 themes, and I'd love to hear both your thoughts on them and any goals or dreams you have set for yourself so please chime in.

xo

5 comments:

anabela / fieldguided said...

I hope 2010 is good to you, dear Becka! xo

Amy / Handmade Evolution said...

just working on some blog posts around the theme of resolutions too! my number 1 is to work a bit less... too easy to work work work and not make time for the more fun bits of life. love the poster you shared here! happy new year :)

Kristy said...

love love love the new look!

Jan Halvarson said...

yay for that! best to you guys in 2010!

Eileen said...

Wishing you a beautiful 2010. Your blog is lovely. :)