Wednesday, April 14, 2010

WIP Wednesday: Longer Days, Warmer Nights.

Can I tell you how much I love daylight savings? A lot. Just like the sun coming out, the longer days totally lift my mood. We're currently scouring craigslist for some patio furniture (mostly a table and umbrella actually, for some reason we have millions of chairs) so that we can start eating out there in the evenings, but for now I'm just happy sitting on the couch with the windows and sliding door open and sun streaming in. We get such a fantastic golden hour here and everything in our living room looks so pretty. I wanted to take some photos of it this evening, but sadly I'm pretty sure our camera is on the way out (case in point, a pretty case in point however). Luckily I'd just picked up a couple rolls of film this week and found this shot I'd taken to use up the roll. I love this little collection of bottles, most of which I picked up from the MCC for 25 cents and all have fantastic labels on them that I mostly can't make out but look like some kind of medical records.

Speaking of collections, you have seen this fantastic collection of collections by Lisa Congdon, yes? I have a lot of love for a lot of the same thing all gathered together in one place, and I also love that Lisa draws the collections she doesn't physically have. So good.

Also, speaking of Lisa's? Please go take a look at the Unexpected Guest over on sfgirlbybay today. It's the home of Lisa Solomon, which I'm pretty smitten with and her answer to the design challenge cracked me up and made me love her all the more.

What are you working on at the moment? If you're new to the blog, or aren't sure about this whole WIP Wednesday thing, take a look over at the Flickr group to see what it's all about and please join in!
blog comments powered by Disqus